Stop dreaming about tomorrow, start making a difference today. Join our team and be the hero you’ve always known yourself to be!
Our band of superheroes are looking for a highly-motivated, ambitious individual who will join the team in creating and improving our most exciting products.
Location, that is unimportant, as long as you are available, enthusiastic, committed, passionate, and know your stuff.
For this role, we need a superhero who will take on the challenges of working in one of the leading WordPress companies, enhancing our website, products, and services, backed by a quality team of pros, some of the best in the world!
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Experience working and troubleshooting large and complex WordPress sites and make them faster and scalable
- Complete knowledge of WordPress architect ( eg. custom post types, WordPress Hooks and existing WordPress functions)
- Knowledge of how to build good and performant RESTful APIs (optimizing APIs for large environments)
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOPs)
- Ability to write efficient and re-usable codes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (we use GIT)
- Good at debugging, and must have problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge about systems architecture and understand design patterns
- Get used to coding standards (we use WPCS)
- Experience with testing frameworks, performance and unit testing
- Experience with front-end development tools such as Webpack, NPM, Gulp, etc..
- Ability to write unit tests with good code coverage
- You will be provided with all of the tools, support, and backing you need to get the job done
- 28 days paid leave per annum (up to 35 days)
- Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences
- Long service leave (3 months off paid) after you’ve been with us for a while
- Up to 2 months salary bonus based on company growth targets
- Technology budgets every three years, the longer you serve, the higher the budget
Download the Backend Engineer – WordPress (The Hub) task sheet, answer those questions and then submit your application along with a copy of your CV. It’s that simple!